Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Vine of Knowledge

Our lesson today involved painting a verse from the book of Joel. It was a literary experience that I probably will never forget. Getting the chance to experience things in different ways (in the classroom) is new to me. Some of the most foreign aspects of education aren't really foreign at all. I remember doing some of this stuff in elementry/middle school. Sometimes I feel like it's good to go back to the basics to relearn what we've lost in the complexities of life.

The book of Joel was brought to life today, for me at least. My painting has to do with the last versus of Joel. I decided to focus on what God gave the people back after they started to follow what He had set for them all along. My vine of grapes comes from "above" as does the water, to symbolize that a "higher" power is giving the people what they need to sustain life.

I suppose my painting isn't that deep. I tried my best and even that can be hard to see sometimes. I feel that paintings should be left up for a individual expression, but it should still be able to speak to any type of person despite culture, religion, or age.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your painting and I think it reflected the passage well. I like that you focused on the fact that it came from above, it really reminds us that God is soveriegn and it is only by his grace that we recieve anything at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your painting. Its beautiful! I believe it is so important to remember that God really is the sustainer of our lives. He will provide! Great job Brittany :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brit, I love your painting. I know I already mentioned that in class, but I'll just say it again here. I especially love how the "people are pink" as you mentioned. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank ya'll!!! I appreciate your kind words toward the painting :)

    PS--thanks Caio for the "pink people" comment, haha.

    ReplyDelete